Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Weekend Recap...

Sam and I traveled to Nashville this past weekend to get some wedding plans finalized. Well my mom, sister, and I worked on the wedding while the boys watched football and basketball. But we all ended the day with a fabulous tasting at Sambuca and everyone finally got to see the reception site. It is so perfect, and I am so excited about it.


Mom and I got up bright and early to go to a cake tasting at 9AM. We went to Desert Designs and fell in love with the fabulous cakes, so we decided not to waste any more time and go ahead and book them. Another item checked off the list!!


After cake tasting…I went to my first dress fitting…crazy right! Well this was just a trial, and I have some serious work to do before the wedding…so the cake wasn’t going to make too much difference. I go back in March…so the workouts are in full force…well after I get over this sickness I can’t seem to get rid of!


It was nearing noon by the time we got done with the dress fitting…so we met up with Ash and Grady for lunch at Zoe’s. I couldn’t wait to see my sister and little G. He was excited to see his KK, which always makes me so happy!


After lunch we headed over to see the florist. My dad and Sam came to get Grady so we could focus on flowers. So far….this has been the hardest and least fun part of wedding planning. I thought it would be easier and that I knew what I wanted….boy was I wrong! Almost three hours later…we headed home to get the boys so we could all go to Sambuca.


On to the food tasting! This was fun because we all got to check out the venue and try the apps we will be having at the reception. They were all delicious, so I know all of our guests will enjoy them!


Of course we had to go in Two Old Hippies since we were in The Gulch. Sam played a $20k guitar while he was there…wooah!


We hung out and watch a little football after dinner, before we all crashed after a busy day! I think I was asleep by 8:30.


We still have a few more items to mark off the list…
1. Order Invitations
2. Finalize hotels (working with one now…just wanting on a document to sign)
3. Pick out Groomsmen suits
4. Transportation from the church to the reception for wedding party
5. Order favors
6. Rehearsal dinner dress/wedding shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment